We value your privacy
We collect and use your information to deliver and improve our services to you. We know that your privacy is important to you, and we value your trust.
Collection of Information
We collect information about you when you:
- Visit our website;
- Use the app;
- Create an account; and
- Communicate with us.
We use geolocation where your device settings permit us to do so. Your device settings give you the option to choose whether to allow us to view your geolocation. We use geolocation services to centre and zoom in on a map area to your current location where relevant.
Use of Information
We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve and promote Trash Map and our organisation
- Communicate with you, and
- Personalise content.
Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various operational purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your enquiries, comments and requests.
- Communicate to you about your accounts and any submissions you make, e.g. location reports and events.
- Notify you about any changes to your account or services we provide in accordance with your communication preferences.
Sharing of Information
We do not share information about you, except as described in this Policy. We may disclose personal information about you, including:
- Notifying city councils and other community organisations about location reports and events submitted by you
- When you ask us to share or explicitly permit us to share your information.
Your Choices and Data Rights
We will respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with relevant laws. You can request permanent deletion of your data from your account profile. You must be logged in to your Trash Map account in order to do this. You can also contact us with your request via Contact form.